Terms and Conditions
1. The following terms and conditions apply to all bookings made with Yao Safaris Tour Company and form the basis of the contract between the tour company and the client.
2. By confirmation of the booking and the price, the client confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Yao Safaris organises wildlife safaris, mountain trekking and beach holidays in Tanzania and Kenya.
4. Quotations for bookings are valid for a limited time only, which you will be informed of at the time of quotation. Prices are only secured with the payment of a deposit within the agreed time limit. After a quotation expires, a new quotation must be produced.
5. Amendments: Any amendments or changes to the bookings, either in date changes, itinerary or accommodation changes may be subject to an amendment fee, as well as any price changes that the amendment incurs. Yao Safaris endeavors to ensure the company will not change a final price. Occasionally a final price, even if fully paid, may have to be amended by the company. This will only occur in case of any unanticipated changes to local taxes and park fees.
6. Payments: All services must be fully paid in advance. Bookings are only secured on receipt of a deposit. The deposit is non-refundable and is 60% of the total cost. All tours should be fully paid 60 days prior to the commencement of the tour. For bookings made within 60 days of tour commencement, the full amount must be paid for immediately. Payments can be paid by bank transfer in US dollars or by cash, in US dollars.
7. Cancellations: Cancellation fees are based on the full amount. The booking deposit of 60% is non-refundable. Any refunds will be made by bank transfer in US dollars, and the cost of the banking fees will be added to the cancellation fee prior to any refund being made. If a trip is canceled the following cancellation fees apply:
i. Canceled> 60 days from departure: Cancellation fee is 60% of the total amount (ie deposit)
ii. Canceled 30 – 60 Days from departure: Cancellation fee is 80% of the total amount.
iii. Canceled 15-30 days from departure: cancellation fee is 90% of the total amount.
iv. Canceled < 15 days from departure: there is no refund available for trips canceled in this time.
8. Insurance: Yao Safaris recommends all clients to have purchased their own comprehensive travel and health insurance to cover any scenarios of cancellation, medical or repatriation costs. It is also recommended that clients have insurance for their personal belongings and any healthcare costs for the duration of their trip. Clients should have emergency overseas contact telephone numbers for their insurance company or broker.
9. Transportation: All safari transport is in 4×4 Toyota Landcruiser vehicles. Airport transfers and town tour transport can be in a mini-van or car. All vehicles are roadworthy. In the event of a breakdown, we have mechanics available, and replacement vehicles, if needed.
10. Included in the safari prices:
i. Airport transfers
iii. Food (if full-board accommodation is booked)
iv. Driver guide (choice of English speaking, Spanish, German or Italian)
v. Safari vehicle
vi. Park fees & permits
vii. Mineral water
viii. Government taxes
11. Prices Exclude
i. Entry visas
iii. All drinks in hotels & lodges unless otherwise stated
iv. All items of personal nature
12. Unforeseen Circumstances/ Force majeure:
In the case of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, hotel hitches or security considerations, Yao Safaris reserve the right to vary the safari services agreed. In such cases alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit but the company is under no obligation to accept responsibility or to pay compensation for circumstances that are out of the company’s control.
©Yao Safaris 2012, Yao Safaris, PO Box 818, Arusha, Tanzania. www.yaosafaris.com email@example.com facebook/yaosafaris +255 622 568 540 Tz +353 85 2787075 Irl & WhatsApp